Water-based Screenprinting Techniques
Demonstration Sessions 2018
@ Higher Bussow farm Studios, TR26 3BB
- The demonstrations are intended for complete beginners to experienced screenprinters who want to explore techniques that are suitable for use with water-based inks.
- Sessions are informal and limited to four attendees per session to give plenty of time for questions, discussions and hands-on opportunities whenever possible. Please book in advance – email No2tomsyard@yahoo.co.uk or call/txt Graham 07542692639
- Session are independent from each other i.e. it is not necessary to attend Session 1 in order to attend later sessions.
- The sessions can be considered as an induction for using the facilities in the studio at Higher Bussow Farm Studios.
- Each session costs £15.00 and includes light refreshments (which includes our home-roast coffee) and free parking.
Session 1: Photographic stencils
- using hand-cut positives, rubylith and tapes
- photographic and inkjet printed positives
- hand-drawn positives – truegrain, invisible tape
- natural materials e.g. leaves/seaweed/objects
- coating screens, drying and exposures
Session 2: Non Photographic Stencils
- Direct stencils made on-screen.
- Positive drawing fluid
- Negative reduction methods – screen blockers and wax crayons
- Indirect stencils.
- Paper & freezer paper
- thin acetate film
- natural materials
Session 3: Monoprints
- Techniques using manual on-screen methods.
- water-soluble crayons and pencils
- Charcoal, graphite and chalk
- watercolour paints
- Blends, blockers
Session 4: Computer Techniques for Producing Positives
- software choices
- Using Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop Elements 7.0
- Converting continuous tone to line, half-tones, CMYK